Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Drops of awesome......

So we all know that I have Kalamity and we dance for families who are fighting "Real Life Kalamities". I've had it for over 5 years now and it is a HUGE PART of my families life..it does take a lot of time and sacrifice and I often question "if its worth it" well you can say I was having one of those days....not very motivated, not feeling too upbeat about things, stressed over our MIGHTY MEG concert and the support we would get for her. I was really doubting my role as a mother and if I was doing a good job and teaching my kids enough, doing all the right things for them with no drops of awesome in my bucket, etc...when we went to our favorite drink spot...SWIG ahha!!!
We were in the drive through at Swig waiting, earlier that month I had taken 11x14 poster flyers for the MIGHTY MEG SHOW around to what seems like a million business's. So of course there was one at Swig in the window and me not even noticing because Im too wrapped up in my pitty party. But My
Sweet Major in the back seat notices and says: Mom , is Mighty Meg sick?

Mom: Yes, Maj she is very sick

Sweet Major in the back seat: Should we put on a concert for her?

Mom: ( I of course get teary eyed because I'm a Boob ,(that's why my husband calls me that) Yes, Major we should and we are:).

Sweet Major in the back seat: Mom, can I dance in the concert for Mighty Meg??

Mom: Yes, Maj!!!!

and of course being my son and me being me (ms. yappy) we went on with this conversation.
But this just opened my eyes that I was doing a pretty ok job, and that by our example as parents and through the craziness and times when I'm feeling that I'm not teaching anything, I actually am. Even if its my For  4yr old understanding to use his talents to help those who are sick!!!!
Drops of awesome.....

No comments:

Post a Comment