Sunday, December 12, 2010

Riley Slack Kalamity's Cause

This 2010 year with Kalamity has been unbelievable!!!! This year we dedicated every move we made and donated our end of the year show to Dylan and Riley Slack!!! These 2 sweet children were diagnosed with a very rare disease called A-T disease. Dylan, 5 , passed away early this year leaving a legacy of love and enthusiasm for life. Riley his little sister, 2, is currently fighting this disease in which it is incurable and it will eventually take her life. This little girl has touched our lives tremendously and continues to touch everyone she comes in contact with. Kalamity was able to hangout and dance with Riley before the show we put on for her and she is full of energy and life. Its crazy how hard we think we have it with the stress of bills or lack of work or just little daily issues we face, that there is a cure for or only temporary....when there's those out there who have it much worse than we do with no cure and permanently. Having Kalamity and devoting my dancing to someone else in need has really helped me to appreciate life and to be grateful for everything I have and my little trials that we face. Being a mother myself I cannot even imagine being Stephanie (Riley's mom). She is so strong and such an amazing woman. I am soooo grateful for my many talents that Ive been blessed with, and am grateful to have Kalamity to spread the love of dance and giving back at the same time...
Read more about the Slacks unique story at
We Love Riley!!!! Forever a Kalamity Krew member!!!
Kalamity with Riley and her mom after the 2nd night!
All the dancers in the show who danced for Riley those 2 nights.

My Majy and his cousin Kalli came to support!

Riley and I...Yes, I'm a sweaty girl!

The Slack Family and I





2 comments:

  1. Wow Tia. I just read thru the Slack's blog... and I'm bawling now. God bless their family and bless you for doing what you can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS TORI FOR THE LOVE!!! YES THIS FAMILY IS VERY DEAR TO MY HEART!!!

    ReplyDelete